Monday, April 25, 2011

Translation – 17.04.11 Interview France

Translation:
Interviewer: More and more people are waiting for you here in France, like this afternoon; there were a lot of fans. How does that make you feel?
Tom: Well, it makes us feel very good. There's always a great reception for us, everytime we go to France we're looking forward to it. There we're people waiting at the airport, at the hotel, and this morning at Energy; there are fans everywhere and of course we're very happy about that.
Bill: And it's all very unexpected, for me France still somehow means vacation, or time off. When you pass the Eiffel Tower you just think of relaxation, and then suddenly you notice¦ We went to Energy this morning and there were six or seven hundred fans waiting and that's really strange; you're and another country where people speak another language and they're all just standing there, that's really a funny feeling, but it feels good.
Interviewer: You're songs are in German, but in whatever country you arrive the reaction is always the same; they go crazy for you. What's your explanation?
Bill: I don't know, it really has been unexpected for us, because we really didn't have a clue what the people here would think of German music. Especially because it's quite important to understand our lyrics and understand what a song is about and stuff. So the image of us being really successful over here was far away for us, we'd just take a look, we were completely open for anything and didn't know how it would go. And then suddenly we get so much reaction and people start translating the lyrics and they like the music just like in Germany and everywhere else. That was really interesting to see, it wasn't like we had some kind of concept that made us think, this is what will make it work, this will have to make it go well. Every time we got into another country and were this successful we were completely taken by surprise.
Tom: and none of us is really good at other languages, but the people here are just great.
Interviewer: you're still very young; teenagers. Your fans are of your age as well; what do you speak about in your songs?
Bill: That's always different, very often it's about hopes, dreams and wishes that people of our age have. I think every one has a different idea of how life should be and what you want to reach in life, and different hopes and wishes and fears too. on the new album we've talked about stuff like suicide, for example, which I think is something you get confronted with at a very early age. We try to be diverse we try to involve our own feelings and experiences we've had and things that we're interested in in the songs. Because only when you're interested you can really stand for what you sing, and that's the most important to us.
Interviewer: Which artists or musicians do you each like?
Bill: For me it's always different, I listen to lots of kinds of music; all completely different from each other. So I can't really say what's my taste in music. I mean, I like Nena, Greenday, Placebo at the moment I really like Coldplay, so it's really diverse. Gustav here always listens to a bit louder music.
Gustav: Yeah, at the moments it Foo Fighters.
Georg: at the moment I really like Fall Out Boy, I think the new album is great.
Tom: Well erm [laughs] I actually only listen to German hip-hop, but next to that I also really like the Foo Fighters.
Interviewer: Even though you're not from musician-families and you're not raised with music, you're still doing this at a very early age. What's the reason?
Bill: Well, actually we have been raised with a lot of music more or less. For Tom and I it was our stepfather, he played electric guitar in a rock band, so we got confronted with it quite early and noticed that making music was so much fun. And I thing that for the others it was like that too; their parents listened to music a lot too.
Gustav: Yeah, they listened to a lot of music.
Georg: My parents weren't musicians, but my father has taken me to concerts at a very early age and there was always music in our house from all kinds of bands, so I was raised with a lot of music.
Interviewer: What have you listened too as children? With your parents I mean.
Tom: My first album was from Aerosmith, I always found Joe Perry an extremely cool guitarist. I've also made my own posters and stuff, so that's the first thing I listened to.
Bill: For me it was Nena; my first bond with music was Nena. I saw a concert on television and that was where my interest for music started, and it was then that I started thinking;I want to write my own songs too, and make music
Georg: I grew up listening to bands like the Beatles, ACDC, the Rolling Stones. The first band I really was fan of was Oasis, and I'm still a very big fan of them.
Gustav: The first album I bought myself was the Black Album from Metallica. 

No comments:

Post a Comment