Saturday, May 7, 2011

Changing Style & Sound for New 2011 Album?

new article on E! Online Latinoamerica gives some big hints into what Tokio Hotel has planned for 2011. According to Bill and Tom, the band has and will be experimenting with the image in 2011, and Tom may even cut off his hair. He says he has six to eight months to decide, so I guess that’s when they’ll either be touring or doing some sort of promotion.
At the end of the article, the band’s musical plans for 2011 are pretty clearly laid out. In addition to style, they say they want to try new musical sounds. E! says they will be working with producers during the first half of the year and then going in-studio to record a new album that is expected to be released in the fall of 2011.
From what this article is suggesting, it seems like at least the first half of 2011 won’t have many performances or promotion from the band. The main part of the article I take issue with is their estimated fall release, as just last week Bill said they didn’t expect the next album would be out in 2011. I stand firm in my belief that it will come out in the spring of 2012.
What do you think of the band changing their style and sound, and do you have any thoughts on the next album’s release?
In 2011, Tokio Hotel will be much more fashionable than it is today.
The twin brothers, Bill and Tom Kaulitz, said in an interview that they are considering all possibilities for their appearances to further impact their public image for their hungry and eager fans in the coming year.
“We’ve always liked to surprise, to not be predictable. I know people identify me by my image, but now I do not wear my hair as long as two years ago. I cut it, crop it, experiment, and all four of us will do that in 2011, experimenting with musical sound and with image. I have to convince Georg and Gustav to make changes to their image, but no, they like the ‘nerd’, so they feel comfortable. I asked them to dye their hair or wear flashy shirts. Still do not want … but my brother and I did do something,” Bill said in an interview.
The singer of the German quartet has been characterized since the band started over five years ago for his androgynous image, for his colorful costumes, and all the paraphernalia around his face: makeup, eyeliner, lips retouched.
He said that’s his style and loves to please their fans.
His twin brother, Tom, older by ten minutes, is the guitarist of the band that created hits like “Monsoon” and “Automatic.”His appearance is a very distinct contrast, as he prefers braided hair hippie or reggae, rock clothes and hip hop sneakers.
Nothing is the same for each other.
“My brother is a great support in my life and I love it, but his way of being on stage is very different. I’m more introverted, he grew up singing. I like it most discreet although I think next year I will be very different … I’m seriously considering cutting my hair, I have about six, eight months to decide … I do not know, I’m accepting suggestions, “said Tom.
Tokio Hotel’s Best Of album goes on sale today which includes a total of 18 songs that have become popular in their young career, in addition to the single unpublished Hurricanes and Suns, which was recorded last year, but is just being released for this compilation.
The performers of “Ready, Set, Go!”, “1,000 Oceans” and “Don’t Jump” said the first half of the coming year will be devoted to writing new music and working with different producers in Berlin and Los Angeles, then entering the studio and thus conclude the creation of their next studio album, which is expected to release in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment